FlexCash is a debit account that can be accessed at a variety of locations around campus with a PSU ID card. All food service areas accept FlexCash, including Prospect Hall, Daily Paws, the Woods Cafe, Commons Café, and the Union Grille.
FlexCash is now accepted at select off-campus food establishments. At these locations, FlexCash may be used to purchase food and non-alcoholic beverages. Participating merchants include: Biederman’s Deli, Burrito Me, Cafe Monte Alto, Chase Street Market, Subway, Hong Kong Garden, Pat's Pizza and Subs and Mandarin Taste. Additional merchants may be added in the future, check back in here for details!
Advantages of FlexCash
- Discounts – 5% discount at all on-campus food service retail locations.
- Convenience – No hassle with ATMs or lack of loose change to make your purchase.
- Safety – No need to carry extra money with you around campus just to get something to eat.
- Security – If you lose cash, it’s lost. If you lose your ID card you can report it and secure your funds. If you get a new ID card your funds are accessible immediately.
- Dedicated Money – You know you always have dedicated money for food, snacks, and other campus needs.
- Value – Using your FlexCash card will get you additional discounts off each meal in Prospect Hall.
- Viability – Unused CAMPUS FlexCash goes with you from semester to semester and year to year until you leave PSU for any reason. Soon after, any remaining funds are refunded back to your Student Account Services account for eventual refunding. Note: Board FlexCash (issued as part of a meal plan) is not refundable and expires at the close of each semester.
- Tax-Exempt – Purchases made at on-campus locations with FlexCash by students, faculty and staff are tax-exempt.
FlexCash: The Details
- Online via MasterCard or Visa
- Funds ($50 minimum) can be deposited to CAMPUS FlexCash accounts with the use of a Visa or MasterCard through our secure web site go.plymouth.edu/addflexcash. This is a great opportunity for parents or family members to purchase FlexCash for their student!
- Funds deposited through this site are not immediately available: A purchase made prior to 4 p.m. on a business day will be credited the morning of the next business day. A purchase made after 4 p.m. will be credited on the morning of the second business day.
- Value Stations
- There are 3 cash Value Stations located on campus: in the HUB (conveniently located right next to an ATM), in the Center Lodge, and in the Lamson Library entryway. At these stations you can use cash and your PSU ID to deposit funds to your CAMPUS FlexCash account in any amount – and they can be accessed immediately.
- Via a Credit Balance on your Tuition Bill account
- You may add Campus Flexcash via a Credit Balance on your Tuition Bill. Follow the link for more information and to process the transaction.
- Please contact the Student Account Services at (603) 535-2215 if you have any questions.
- All campus food service locations
- Prospect Dining Hall & On The Go
- Union Grille
- The Woods Cafe
- The Commons (@ Lamson Library)
- Daily Paws
- Ice Rink Concessions
- All campus laundry rooms
- Select copy machines
- Ice skate entry and rentals
- Follett campus bookstore
- HUB Panther print shop
Select off-campus locations:
- Biederman’s Deli
- Burrito Me
- Cafe Monte Alto
- Chase Street Market
- Mandarin Taste
- Hong Kong Garden
Included with some meal plans and expires at the end of the semester in which it was issued. This type of FlexCash is not refundable. Since BOARD FlexCash expires at the end of each semester, the two FlexCash types are linked to combine their balances, and funds are automatically drawn from BOARD FlexCash first.
Can be purchased by any student or staff member and is valid as long as the person is actively associated with PSU (it does not expire). Any balance remaining when the individual leaves PSU gets refunded to the individual’s Student Account Services account.
- Students should take precautions to safe-guard their ID card much like they would an ATM or credit card. Lost or stolen IDs should be reported to the ID Center (located in the HUB) or at go.plymouth.edu/lostid as soon as possible so the lost ID can be invalidated.
- After it’s been reported lost, have the ID card replaced as soon as possible by going to the ID Center in the HUB.
- Revisit go.plymouth.edu/lostid if the ID is found before it has been replaced. When an ID is replaced or reported lost/stolen, it can no longer be utilized. Typically an ID is validated within a few hours of it being issued; however, on some occasions it can take as long as 24 hours. During this period the ID can still be used at the dining hall and retail operations but its functionality is disabled at vending, laundry, copying, and book store areas. The University is not responsible for any misuse of lost or stolen IDs that are not reported as such.
- For questions on FlexCash, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to check your balance:
- On my.Plymouth (Welcome page, bottom left)
- Printed on receipts at retail foodservice locations
- Displayed when used in vending machines, laundry, copiers
- At locations where FlexCash is accepted, staff can tell you
- NOTE: Campus Value Ports are ONLY able to see the Campus FlexCash balance, NOT Board FlexCash. If you have both, your total balance will not be visible at a Campus Value Port, but will be visible via the other methods listed here.
- Usage history is available on request by visiting Residential Life or by emailing email@example.com from your PSU email account
- In accordance with PSU Policies:
- Students are required to have a student ID card in order to utilize campus services
- The owner of the ID is responsible for its proper use
- ID cards are non-transferrable
- Representing oneself as another individual is a violation of student conduct
- FlexCash cannot be used to purchase branded gift cards (e.g. Follett Campus Bookstore)
- Additional restrictions apply to other locations
- Board FlexCash not used by the end of the semester is NOT refundable and will expire
- Campus FlexCash stays with you as long as you are associated with PSU and will be refunded if you leave
In This Section
You never have to be too shy to ask for seconds with our all you can eat buffet style. Our generous policy allows for a second helping of many menu favorites. All you have to do is ask!
Do you have particular dietary needs? Please let us know. Our Campus Dining Services Program can accommodate your special dietary requirements. For more information, please contact Diahnn Thompkins, MX, RD, LD at 606.535.3186 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
One of our main goals is to provide a pleasant, clean, comfortable and satisfying dining experience. In order to meet this goal, we ask for your assistance with the following procedures:
- Please bus your dishes and disposables from your table when you have finished dining.
- Please refrain from taking food, dishes or utensils from the dining area.
- Remember that IDs are non-transferable. Cards cannot be used by anyone but the owner.