By protecting and improving our environment, the communities where we do business and the students we serve, Sodexo makes every day a better day and every tomorrow a better tomorrow.

Frequently Asked Questions

What if I want to change my meal plan?

  • Fill out a Meal Plan Change Request form online. Or 
  • Stop by Residential Life office (located in the lower level of Mary Lyon Hall) to complete a Meal Plan Change Request form. 

The deadline to request a meal plan change is established by Residential Life. Please refer to ResLife’s Frequently Asked Questions web page for this information.

If I’m not required to be on a plan, can I still sign up?

Absolutely. Just fill out the forms with Residential Life and they will put you on the plan you desire.

What if I get an out of town visitor? Can they eat?

Yes, you can use your FlexCash, or your guest(s) can pay cash. The FlexCash/cash door prices during the school year in Prospect Hall are:

MealsPSU ID Card
w/ FlexCash
(PSU Business)
(No PSU Business)
(Child under 10,
Senior over 65)
Lunch/ Late Nite$10.00$12.00$13.08$10.90

Can a friend use my meal card?

Sorry, no one else can use your meal card. The meal plan is considered to be a non-transferable agreement between you and the university and cannot be traded.

What if I get sick and can’t come to eat?

We all feel “under the weather” from time to time, so if you are unable to join us in the dining room, we have a solution for you. Simply fill out the Sick Meal Request form (PDF) that is available online, and ask your friend (or roommate) on the meal plan to bring the completed form to the dining room manager. Take-out meal for sick students should be ordered at the previous meal. 

A Sick Meal will contain similar items for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and consists of the following: 

  • Option 1: Soup DuJour, Orange Juice, Crackers 
  • Option 2: Apple Juice, Yogurt, Banana

How do I report/replace a lost ID card?

Students should take precautions to safe-guard their ID card much like they would an ATM or credit card. Lost or stolen IDs should be reported to the ID Center (located in the HUB) or at the as soon as possible so the lost ID can be invalidated. 

After it’s been reported lost, have the ID card replaced as soon as possible by going to the ID Center in the HUB. 

Revisit if the ID is found before it has been replaced. When an ID is replaced or reported lost/stolen, it can no longer be utilized. When a replacement ID is issued the old ID is immediately invalidated and the new ID can be used without delay. 

When an ID is reported lost (without being replaced) it is invalidated as soon as staff are able to facilitate the process and the services associated with that ID are no longer accessible (meal swipes, FlexCash purchases). If this occurs when the ID Center is closed students will need to make other accommodations for meals or utilize the Temporary Meal Pass process (also outlined in this FAQ section). 

The University is not responsible for any misuse of lost or stolen IDs that are not reported as such.

I can’t get a replacement ID but need to eat. What do I do?

If your ID is misplaced but the ID center is closed and you need to access Prospect Dining Hall, you will need to explain the situation to the ID checker at the door. At this point you will have to step out of the line to wait for a manager, who will verify your identity and meal plan status, record your information, and then allow you into the dining hall to eat. You will have to do this for each meal that you wish to eat at Prospect until you are able to obtain a replacement ID. This helps protect you from fraudulent use of your meal plan and your ID, and it helps us maintain competitive pricing.

What if I have special dietary needs?

If you have special dietary needs please bring in a doctor’s description of your specific requirements. Our Registered Dietitian will be happy to assist you.

How can I get more Campus FlexCash?

Everything you need to know about FlexCash can be found here at the FlexCash information page.

How do I know what’s on the menu?

The menu is posted in advance and printed weekly menus are available at the nutrition table in Prospect Hall.

What if my schedule doesn’t allow me to come to a meal?

Use your FlexCash in the Union Grille. Or try any of our several exchange locations.

Can I take food from Prospect Hall back to my room?

Sorry, in order to keep your costs as low as possible, removal of food and beverages from the dining hall is strictly prohibited. Feel free to use any of our retail or exchange locations for meals to go.

In This Section

Plymouth State University | Dining Services | 17 High Street MSC 20 | Plymouth NH 03264-1595 | tel. (603) 535-2710 | Contact Us